I have been cooking lately, I just haven't been taking pictures of what I cook. It's all I can manage sometimes to get dinner on the table without the house falling down around me and so taking pictures of everything before we chow down never seems to cross my mind. But since I have been cooking and we've liked a few of the new dishes I've tried lately, I want to get them on here so I will remember to make them again sometime!
I love to look through all the bargain-priced cookbooks at Barnes & Noble. And once in awhile, I'll buy one too. This recipe is the first one I've tried from just such a purchase. The book is called Just Like Mom Made: 1000 Family Favorites, and so far it looks quite promising! I made this dish to bring to a ward activity and it went quickly. I managed to get one bite before putting it out on the table and I liked it. It was nice and refreshing as a side dish for a hot summer's day.
APPLE-CINNAMON COLESLAW
From: Just Like Mom Made
2 cups shredded cabbage (I just used bagged coleslaw mix)
1-1/2 cups chopped apples
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional (use nuts!!! I used something else since I didn't have walnuts, but I would say nuts should NOT be left out of this recipe.)
1 cup (8 oz.) vanilla yogurt
2 T. apple juice
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage, apple, raisins and walnuts if desired. Combine the yogurt, apple juice and cinnamon. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
Yield:4-6 servings (I doubled it for the ward activity)
No comments:
Post a Comment