Monday, October 7, 2019

German Pancakes

I thought I'd put this recipe on here since I've tried several versions of this recipe and this is my favorite one. It is not quite as dense and is more puffy than others I've tried in the past. The blogger says using a metal dish makes all the difference and so I tried a metal dish and it was awesome. But to be fair, I haven't tried this recipe in any other kind of dish. Easy and delicious breakfast!

GERMAN PANCAKES
(from this blog)

Ingredients

6 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
dash salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 Tablespoons butter

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
As oven preheats, put the butter in an un-greased 9x13 baking dish (METAL is best) and place in oven, just until melted. 
Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish, over melted butter.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown and puffy.
To serve, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar, syrup, jam, whipped cream, nutella, whatever you can think of!

No comments: