Monday, November 10, 2008

Fluffly 2-Step Light Cheesecake



This is a good light version of a cheesecake dessert. It fills that cheesecake craving without the same decadence attached. We like it a lot! I got this from Steve's sister and noticed another one of his sisters had entered it in their ward cookbook (which I have) too. Must be a popular one for Gibbs! The recipes were just a tiny bit different and so I combined the two for our recipe (there really isn't any huge differences.) Also I made my own graham cracker crust since I didn't have a prepared one on hand.

FLUFFY 2-STEP LIGHT CHEESECAKE
(from Kerilyn and Sherlyn)

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese (we use the 1/3 less fat kind)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tub (8 oz) light Cool Whip
1 T. lemon juice
1 prepared graham cracker crust (or make your own--see below)
Fruit for topping (fresh or frozen berries--we used frozen blueberries since it's November)

Beat cream cheese and sugar together on high speed until smooth (you may want to soften the cream cheese a bit to make this easier, but don't melt it!) Gently stir in Cool Whip and lemon juice using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Top with fruit of choice just before serving.

GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
(from Betty Crocker's Cookbook)

1-1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers (we used one package of about 18 squares)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 T. sugar

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients. Press mixture firmly against bottom and sides of 9" pie plate.
3. Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown; cool.

2 comments:

~ Roxanne said...

I will have to come back and try this sometime.

Jim is a big cheese cake fan inwhich I always seem to forget about that when it is his birthday.

{Remind early next July :0}

CLAMES said...

Mmmm