We've made this a few times since I found it and we've really loved it. It's SO easy and fast and tastes a lot better than its sparse list of ingredients makes it sound. I'd love to make this even healthier by making my own black beans and broth rather than using canned in order to cut out the sodium that comes with canned stuff. The original recipe called for adding salt, but I think that would make it way too salty (since you are using canned beans and broth) and I've never added salt. (Although I will when I make my own beans and broth.) I made a couple other small changes to this recipe. The amounts of black beans and chicken broth are flexible, depending on how thick you like your soup. Don't make it too thick, though, it seems pretty thin but when you pour it on top of the rice, it has a lot more body to it. Enjoy!
EASY-PEASY BLACK BEAN SOUP (easy enough for a lunch!)
(adapted from here)
2-3 cans black beans (do not drain)
1-2 cans chicken broth
3 cups cooked rice
avocado, sliced
grated cheese
tortilla chips, crushed
sour cream
limes for squeezing over (optional, but tasty!)
Blend together 1 or 2 cans black beans with one of the cans chicken broth. Add black bean mixture and the other cans of chicken broth and beans to a large pan. Cook on medium heat until nice and hot. (You don't need to bring it to a boil). In individual bowls, layer the rice, then the soup, then the other toppings. So delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment