Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Waffles

We are still continuing on our Waffle Wednesday breakfast tradition, even while we're at my parents' house. My mom has a way cool flip-over type belgian waffle maker. It cooks differently from my waffle maker and our healthy waffles turn out a little strange in it. So I looked for another recipe to try and found one we really like (I think from allrecipes.com.) It's not as healthy as our other recipe, but it's definitely a keeper (and I do use 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour when I make it.) Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, yum! We'll have to see how this recipe will turn out in MY waffle maker.

WAFFLES

2 eggs
2 c. flour (1 c. wheat and 1 c. white works well)
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
1 T. white sugar
4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla
Beat eggs until fluffy. Add rest and mix JUST until smooth.

*I've made this in the blender and the Kitchenaid mixer with great success.

No comments: