Oh, how our family loves garlic bread. In fact, the kids would eat it as dinner every night if I let them. My favorite way to do garlic bread is to buy the french bread loaves (or any other bread that sounds yummy--we've used cheese bread too) when they are discounted at the bakery section of Walmart. Then I take them home, mix up our garlic bread mix, spread it on this bread (sliced up) and put it in the freezer on a baking sheet. Once it's frozen I put it in a freezer bag and pull out however many slices we need when it's pasta night. (Note: I don't make garlic bread
every time we eat pasta, or else we would get a lot fatter a lot quicker.)
GARLIC BREAD SPREAD
12 T. softened butter
4 garlic cloves, very finely minced
1/4 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
12 (1-inch) slices Italian or French bread
Mix with a fork and spread on both sides of bread slices. Freeze on baking sheet 15 min. or until firm (I just leave it in for awhile--just whenever I get to it.) Then store in a freezer bag and freeze up to one month.
When ready to use, bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees. It takes about 10 minutes on one side and then 5-6 minutes after you flip them. (But check on them, you need to watch them fairly closely so they don't burn!)
No comments:
Post a Comment