Sunday, August 26, 2012
Chicken Marinade
We just got our first grill this summer and we have been putting it to good use! Grilled food is oh-so-yum--I just don't get sick of it! Here is a recipe we've used a few times now. I don't always use these exact ingredients and adjust the amounts at times, so you can play around with it if you want. We've only used this for chicken and I usually use it for 10-12 chicken thighs. We eat some that night and I freeze the leftovers to use with other dinners.
Savory Marinade for Chicken, Pork, or Beef
(This makes enough marinade for 6-8 pieces of meat says the author)
Original recipe found here
Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 T mayo
1-2 T Worcestershire sauce (usually 1 T Worcestershire sauce for chicken but 2 T. for pork or beef)
1 T lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1 tsp. Veg-Sal or salt
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 T Poultry Seasoning
1 T garlic puree or garlic powder
1 T sweet paprika, preferably Hungarian paprika (It comes in a tin instead of a jar) (I don't have this so I usually use normal paprika and only include 1/2 T.)
1/2 T onion powder
1 tsp. thyme (optional)
Instructions:
Combine all ingredients. Add to meat (I like to put it all in a ziploc bag) making sure all the meat gets covered. Marinate for 6-8 hours or longer. Then grill! So delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment