Thursday, August 23, 2012
My new favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
I'm ashamed to say it, but I went through a chocolate chip cookie flop phase. I don't know what was wrong! Did I change brands of some ingredient? Did I change my method (no, I don't think so...)? It wasn't the move from Arkansas to Utah because the flop phase started in Arkansas. I don't know what it was but I am proud to announce that I am over the flop phase and back to delicious cookie baking.
And these little beauties are my new favorite chocolate chip cookies. Easy to throw together and so, SO good. I'm making some as I write this. And making some frozen dough balls to give to my visiting teachees this month.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(recipe found here -- I found it on Pinterest)
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
Ingredients:
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (the real stuff please!)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (In my oven 9 minutes is perfect.)
5. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.
Try not to eat them all. I said try.
Seriously, I just ate one. And I want more. Do not scoff that there is cornstarch in this recipe. I don't know what the heck it does to the cookies, but don't leave it out. And did I mention that these cookies look magazine cover worthy straight out of the oven? They look just as good as they taste! So try them!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment