The kids are out of school and it's hot. Those two things combined means that we need lots of cool snacks. I was just talking with a friend the other day about how the grocery bill is going to climb during the summer with all these hungry kids home all day long! Instead of letting them raid the pantry and fridge all day, I try to have a couple set snack times during the day so our mealtimes aren't thrown off too much. And I try to have fun homemade snacks when I can manage it--it's cheaper and usually healthier that way. Smoothies are a favorite of ours--it's great because you can throw whatever you want in them! Today I actually followed a recipe though and it was a good one. I love lime and the kids love bananas so it was a win-win for all of us.
BANANARITA SMOOTHIE
(I found it on my sister's blog but it is originally from here)
4 bananas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lime juice (about 4 limes) - the original blogger used bottled stuff and liked it, I used fresh
Ice
Fill the blender with the first four ingredients. Top it off with some ice. Blend until frothy. Add more ice to make desired thickness and blend (I didn't need to do this, it was great with just the first batch of ice). Serve! Makes 4 good-sized servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment