Monday, February 16, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal

Growing up I sure ate oatmeal a lot.  Like almost every. single. day.  But I still like it!  It's a great way to start the day.  I recently discovered baked oatmeal.  I love the peaches and cream one on this blog but sometimes peaches aren't in season, unfortunately.  Plus I have one little daughter who does not like oatmeal.  So I've been on a quest to find a kind she does like so that she's not turning up her nose at breakfast twice a week on our oatmeal days.  This one was a winner with her and for all of us.  It'll go into our rotation and on this blog!


APPLE CINNAMON BAKED OATMEAL
(found here)

3 cups quick cooking oats (I usually use half quick cooking and half old-fashioned)
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup applesauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 apples, peeled and chopped (or just chopped)

Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
Place in a 9×13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments: