Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Spinach and Bacon Quiche

Quiche is rich and indulgent.  This quiche is a Paula Deen recipe, who doesn't skimp on the good stuff.  So this quiche is extra delicious!  Now if you make it every week, your waistline might hate me, but if you make it once in awhile, it's definitely worth it!  I used a homemade pie crust and I'm not sure I did the full pound of bacon, but other than that, I stuck to the recipe.


SPINACH AND BACON QUICHE
(original recipe found here)

Ingredients

6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate (or just make your own)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

No comments: