I make muffins for breakfast a couple times a week. We love our bran muffins but sometimes I have to change it up with something else. But that something else needs to be: 1. somewhat healthy since it's for breakfast and 2. pretty quick and easy since it's a weekday breakfast. I need to start collecting all the muffin recipes we use and keep them here so I have a list to choose from on any given morning!
APPLESAUCE MUFFINS
(from Gifts from the Kitchen cookbook)
Makes about 18 muffins
2 c. applesauce
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
2 c. flour (wheat or white)
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
In a mixing bowl, mix first 4 ingredients until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Stir into applesauce mixture until just moist. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes or until tops are golden. Remove muffins from pan and place on cooling rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment