Once in awhile there aren't any dinner leftovers or I just don't feel like eating leftovers for lunch. But the problem is that I never know what else to make or eat! I'm trying to eat healthy, real food but if I don't have any good lunch choices, it's harder to keep up with healthy eating. I love my avocado toast but we made this the other day and it was definitely a keeper of a recipe. And hard boiled eggs in the instant pot couldn't be easier, which makes this easy and fast. My favorite way to eat it is open-faced on toast. Yummy!
AVOCADO EGG SALAD
(original recipe found here)
Makes about 3 servings
1 large, ripe avocado
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
2 green onions, diced small
1½ Tbsp. mayo or Greek yogurt
½ tsp. fresh lime juice (or bottled works here too)
⅛ tsp. garlic salt, or more to taste
⅛ tsp. kosher salt, or more to taste
fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Instructions
Cut avocado into small chunks and place in a bowl. Using a fork, mash avocado. Add lime juice, green onion, garlic salt, kosher salt and pepper and mix.
Fold in diced egg. Then add mayo/greek yogurt and fold together until creamy. Serve alone or on bread or chips and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment