I got this recipe from a ward member--it is rich and decadent and so, so good on ice cream! The recipe calls for making it in the microwave but I prefer doing it on the stovetop. I'll include both instructions. It also makes a lot and half a batch is plenty for a group, so you can half the recipe no problem.
SISTER TADJE'S HOT FUDGE SAUCE
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup water
12 T. cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 eggs (best if they are at room temperature)
2 t. vanilla
Microwave directions:
Place water and butter in glass bowl in microwave. Cook until melted. Then add remaining ingredients (except vanilla), microwave again until the sugar is melted, 5-10 min. Be really careful because it is easy to burn the sauce. I only microwave until I see it slightly begin to bubble and then pull it out and stir (maybe 3 min.) Then add vanilla.
Stovetop directions:
Melt butter with water in saucepan. Add cocoa powder and sugar and cook until sugar is melted. Temper the eggs by adding small amounts of hot sauce to eggs in a heat-proof bowl and whisk quickly, then add eggs to saucepan and whisk quickly. Stir while it cooks and bubbles for a few minutes and slightly thickens. Take off heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream!
Store in fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment