Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Apple Muffins

Here's another great muffin recipe to add to my mornings! These turned out quite tasty! I'll have to have another one when snack time hits.

APPLE MUFFINS
(recipe adapted from this recipe)

Servings: 18 muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour (I used 2 cups wheat, 1 cup white)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups peeled , cored, diced apples (around 2-3 apples) - I used 2 Fuji
Brown sugar for topping (around 1/2 cup or less)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners.
Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon (I never sift and they turn out fine). Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Add the diced apples.
Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.

No comments: