I had never heard of this pie but it sounded intriguing so we went for it and I'm glad we did. It's a creamy simple pie that is quite delicious and is perfect for when you just need something different from brownies or cookies or cake. Plus it assembles in just a few minutes. I made a quick and easy pie crust which was ok but I'll use store bought or one of my recipes that takes a little more time next time cause it would be worth it. Wanted to put it on the blog so I can find it again next time! The next pie I need to learn is cream cheese pie (NOT cheesecake I guess) because Steve had one from Marie Callender's and apparently it is the best thing ever.
BUTTERMILK PIE
(adapted from allrecipes)
Ingredients
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 t. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg (1/8 t. or so)
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
Beat eggs until frothy; add butter, sugar and flour. Beat until smooth.
Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until center is firm.
No comments:
Post a Comment