Thursday, October 9, 2008

Clone of a Cinnabon


WARNING: These are rich rich rich!
Well this is about as easy as making cinnamon rolls gets! I love being able to use the bread machine and then just roll them out and put it all together. Plus it only makes a 9x13 pan full, which is an amount of cinnamon rolls that we can handle. They are pretty tasty, although I think my first attempt was a little better than this time although I couldn't really explain why I think that. Anyway, these are good and fairly quick as far as cinnamon roll making goes. So try them out! You won't be disappointed!

Note: I had written by this recipe that I would like to try it with maybe half the filling. I haven't tried that yet but if I do I'll add a note on this post saying how it went.

CLONE OF A CINNABON
(from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:

1 cup warm milk (110 degrees)
2 eggs, room temperature (probably should beat these together before adding)
1/3 cup margarine, melted
4-1/2 cups bread flour
1 t. salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2-1/2 t. bread machine yeast

Filling:
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2-1/2 T. ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened

Frosting:
1 (3 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt

Directions:
1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough cycle; press start. (Keep an eye on the kneading process to see if you'll need to add a little more flour or water.)
2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon for filling.
3. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

1 comment:

CLAMES said...

I have used this recipe too. I did only half the filling and it was great. 2 C. of sugar just seemed too much.