Since we tend to eat fried rice like a main dish I needed something substantial to serve with it so we wouldn't stuff ourselves full of rice for dinner! I found this recipe while browsing through a magazine and thought it sounded good. And after I made it I thought it tasted good too! It was very easy and quite tasty if you like Asian Chicken Salads like I do. Steve thought it was okay, so maybe it's a girl dish (or maybe it's a salad, which is the same thing).
POPCORN CHICKEN SALAD
(from Simple & Delicious magazine, September/October 2007 issue)
Ingredients:
1 cup frozen popcorn chicken
2 T. mayonnaise
4-1/2 t. honey
2-1/4 t. white vinegar
1-1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1/8 t. sesame oil
2 cups torn leaf lettuce (we used a mixture of romaine and iceberg)
1/2 cup fresh snow peas (I left these out since Wal-mart had no fresh snow peas)
1/2 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup chow mein noodles
Bake chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayo, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil until smooth.
Divide lettuce between two plates; top with the peas, bean sprouts, oranges, chicken and noodles. Drizzle with dressing.
Yield: 2 servings
Served with: fried rice
No comments:
Post a Comment