Yum, yum, yum! Who doesn't love homemade bread? I know my kids love it. So much in fact, that they even refused to eat store-bought bread for awhile once I started making homemade. Crazy kiddos!
So this is our go-to recipe for homemade bread. It only makes one loaf, but that works for us since we don't have any freezer space for storing extra loaves of bread. I love this recipe because it uses half whole-wheat flour, tastes great, and is so easy to make in the bread machine. I usually make a loaf 2-3 times a week, but it is really, really easy and so it's not a big deal to be making bread that often. For now at least...I know life will get a lot crazier in the near future...say around June 26th!
HOMEMADE WHEAT BREAD
(found here at the tammysrecipes.com site)
Go to the site if you want directions on how to make this bread without a bread machine. My instructions are for how I make it, which is using my bread machine. Also on the site are instructions on how to make this a completely whole wheat bread.
1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
1 T. milk
2 T. oil
2 T. honey
2 T. brown sugar
1 t. salt
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I use bread flour)
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 t. instant active dry yeast
(I also usually throw a couple teaspoons of dough enhancer in there just because I have some.)
Put all ingredients in bread machine with liquids on the bottom and flour and yeast on top. Set to dough cycle. Add a little flour or water if needed while mixing (I usually don't need to add anything to this dough!) After done raising, remove from bread machine and shape into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place for about 30 minutes or until almost doubled in size. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. If loaf starts browning too soon, lightly lay a piece of foil on top to prevent too much darkening. Remove from pan when done and cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
1 comment:
thank you so much for sharing this recipe, it has now become our go-to bread recipe!!
Post a Comment