Sometimes you just need chocolate. Am I right ladies?
I actually made these this week for our FHE treat. I've been sick lately and just needed something easy and quick. These were both of those and they turned out super moist and tasty too. They don't seem like muffins to me--more like frosting-less cupcakes. Well whatever they were, they were a hit with the family (and I guess also with the kids in Jackson's preschool the next day too--preschoolers are a good way to get rid of leftover baked goods!)
CHOCOLATE-CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
(from 101 Things to do with a Cake Mix)
1 chocolate-fudge cake mix (I had Devil's Food on hand)
1 small box chocolate instant pudding
3/4 cup water
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
1/4 t. almond extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips, frozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper muffin cups. Mix together cake mix, pudding, water, eggs, applesauce, oil, and almond extract until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips last. Fill cups 3/4 full.
Bake about 23-33 minutes, or until done when tested with a toothpick (about 25 min. in my oven.)
I will say the batter was really sticky and thickish and so wasn't the easiest to fill paper liners with, but it worked out.
2 comments:
I am so so so glad you posted this recipe. These were so delicious!!!
I will have to come back here on one of those days!
I am always buying bananas so that ends up meaning a lot of over ripe bananas at our house. Instead of banana bread I measure out muffins and add 2/3 cup of chocolate chips. The same measurement of whole wheat flour. 1 cup flour and 2/3 cup whole wheat flour.
We love our chocolate!
Post a Comment