Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dang Good Guacamole

I started with another recipe and made enough changes that I think I can call this my own. Most guacamole recipes are pretty similar and this one falls into that category, but it tasted really good. It's my favorite one that I've made so it'll become my new go-to guacamole recipe.

DANG GOOD GUACAMOLE

3 ripe avocados
2 T. lime juice
5 good dashes green Tabasco sauce
1/4 c. onion, diced small (I used yellow this time, but I think red would be great)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4-1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper (I just did a couple twists on the pepper grinder)
1 roma tomato, seeded and diced small

Mash avocados in a bowl. Mix in rest of ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (it didn't need any adjusting this time, yum!) Serve immediately (with chips or on top of tacos, etc.)

*If you need to store it, I usually push plastic wrap down right against the dip to help it not turn brown. I've also heard if you put one of the avocado pits in the guacamole while storing it, it won't turn brown, but I've never tried that (but I will!)

No comments: