We made these tonight for our FHE treat and I was surprised that they really came out very slurpee-like! The blog I got the recipe from is shutting down in August, so I thought I better copy over the recipe while I can so that we can make them again sometime. So here you go:
HOMEMADE SLURPEES
(originally found here--until it shuts down, of course) *Update: link shut down
1 packet Kool-aid
2 cups club soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups ice
1. Blend Kool-aid, sugar and 1 cup club soda on high until sugar is dissolved.
2, Add ice and blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Add remaining cup of club soda and blend. (The mixture starts to look very slurpeeish at this point.)
4. Pour mixture in glasses and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Slurp!
*We used a Mixed Berry Kool-aid and a lemon-lime flavored club soda for ours and it was delish. I also didn't use quite that much ice, but will use the full amount next time.
Here's another, simpler version of slurpees we used recently (found here)
1 package of unsweetened Kool-Aid drink mix, any flavor
2 cups of water or sprite or combination of the two
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups/handfuls ice
In a blender, combine Kool-Aid, water and sugar. Blend. Add all the ice and blend. That's it! In the Blendtec it is amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment