I'm addicted to this stuff! I don't know what it is about it, but I think about it at random times in the day, hoping there's still some in the fridge I can warm up for my next breakfast. My family isn't crazy about it (Steve likes it ok though) but I still just made a whole recipe this morning so I could have some and have leftovers all. week. long. So how's that for an endorsement? Try this stuff! You might just think it's ok, like my kids, or you might become obsessed like me. Either way it's worth a try.
Peaches & Cream Baked Oatmeal
(originally found here)
Yield – 8 servings, 9×13 inch dish
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Ingredients
3 cups quick cooking oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 ripe peaches, diced (peel them if you wish! - I don't bother)
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together all of the ingredients, except the peaches. Gently fold in the diced peaches and pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the middle.
Serve Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal with milk or cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment