I like to make muffins for breakfast once or twice a week. On weekdays I really need something I can crank out quickly though. I try to fit a lot into my morning so if I want to keep serving my family hot breakfasts, I have to find easy and quick and healthy things to whip up. I changed this recipe by adding some wheat flour, reducing the sugar, and baking at a high temperature. So feel free to try the original version too.
PUMPKIN MUFFINS
(recipe changed but originally from here)
Makes 12 large muffins
3/4 c.-1 c. pumpkin (I usually have leftover pumpkin in these amounts, so either one should work)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup water (I may try to sub milk for this next time)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 3/4 c. flour (I used 1 c. white and 3/4 c. wheat and might try to do more wheat)
1/4 t. salt
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
Blend pumpkin, eggs, water, butter and sugar in large bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Fill muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 min. (23 min. was perfect in my oven) or until toothpick comes out clean. Tastes great with a dab of butter/margarine on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment