Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu

This recipe came out moist and tasty. And very filling. We had it with some roasted potatoes and salad. This is great for lazy people like me who like Chicken Cordon Bleu but don't want to pound out chicken (plus my kids get nervous every time I pound anything in the kitchen!)

CROCKPOT CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
(original recipe found here)

4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4 oz. sliced ham
4 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
1 (8oz) pkg. herbed dry bread stuffing mix
1/4 cup melted butter

Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

2 comments:

Britt O. said...

ooooooooo I might try this one for dinner group soon! sounds good!

Jim and Sue said...

Just realized that I haven't checked this blog out for awhile and I think there are a couple of new recipes I need to try.