Tuesday, March 24, 2015

BBQ Apricot Chicken Thighs

I've tried a few things in the Food Nanny's 2nd cookbook and there are a couple recipes I want to write down to use again later!

We love to grill once or twice a week in the summer and sometimes I get in a rut with the same old thing!  This is a wonderful and easy sauce to use for grilled chicken thighs.  We had it with some stir fried veggies this time and rice.  It will go into the summer grillin' rotation!

BBQ APRICOT CHICKEN THIGHS
(from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again cookbook)

6 chicken thighs (or more, we used a pack of 12 boneless, skinless and there was plenty of sauce)
salt & pepper
2 T. fresh ginger, grated*
3/4 cup apricot preserves
1/3 cup plus 1 T. soy sauce
2 T. water
1/4 t. red pepper flakes

Blend all ingredients in a blender (except chicken).  Save out 1/2 cup sauce and put rest in bowl.  Heat grill to medium.  Once it's heated and oiled, put on chicken thighs (salt and peppered) and grill 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes.  After 15 min. add sauce, cook 5 min, flip, then add more sauce.  Finish cooking 5 min or so until done.

*I'm spoiled with my blendtec blender so I just estimated and put a chunk of fresh ginger in there without grating it first.

No comments: