I know I have another recipe on here called Our Favorite Peanut Butter Cookies, but I think that one better step aside because this one is now requested more than the other! There is still a place in my heart for the other cookies, but these ones are just as good and different from the other recipe. The biggest difference is probably how they stay soft and keep their great texture for a long time in that cookie jar (not that they'll last long!) I think maybe the oatmeal keeps them softer. So yummy! Makes a great after school snack!
OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
(from allrecipes)
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (Dough will be fairly soft)
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container. (In my oven 10 min is perfect.)
No comments:
Post a Comment