I get tired of the same old sometimes and need to change it up. I make pancakes many Saturdays but for my family it requires standing over the stove cooking and flipping for quite awhile. Sometimes I just want something quicker and easier! Like making baked pancakes--which I've done before and I think is on this blog. But this time I made pumpkin baked pancakes and they were yummy! And honestly better than pumpkin pancakes on a griddle because it is hard to make pumpkin pancakes that are not gooey or gummy and that cook all the way through. But when baked they turn out fluffy and yummy like cake! But with less sugar! I have to make a sheet pan full for my family but the original is for a 9x13 so if you want to make less, go to that link.
BAKED SHEET PAN PUMPKIN PANCAKES
(adapted from here)
4 cups flour (I like 1/2 whole wheat)
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 T pumpkin pie spice
8 Tbsp butter (+ 2 T oil)
3 cup milk
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 T pumpkin pie spice
8 Tbsp butter (+ 2 T oil)
3 cup milk
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 can pure pumpkin
Melt butter in bowl. Whisk in liquid ingredients and sugar. Stir in dry ingredients and spread on sheet pan. Bake 375 for 20 min or so. Serve with whipped cream and syrup.
No comments:
Post a Comment