Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sugar Cookie Glaze Icing

 This is a great alternative to royal icing. You can still pipe it on and make fun designs but it's easier and cheaper to make and tastes better too (although still not as tasty as cream cheese frosting or the good stuff like that!) I guess it also takes longer to dry but I've never tested it so I'm not sure. We used this for decorating ugly sweater sugar cookies at Christmas and it was fun.

SUGAR COOKIE GLAZE ICING

2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. light Karo syrup
2 T. milk or water
1 t. almond extract (don't use Watkins brand)
1/2 t. Crisco or soft butter
Food coloring of choice (gel works best)

Mix until smooth with electric mixer. Can divide into batches before coloring if only want to make small amount of each color. A little icing goes a long way!

No comments: