These are the Easter cupcakes I made for my Mia Maids on Easter Sunday. It was a cute idea I found on the Family Fun website. I don't really have a recipe since I used a chocolate cake mix and canned vanilla frosting. Then you just mix some coconut with green food coloring for the grass and use pipe cleaners with bows to make the basket handles. Also, you're supposed to use jelly beans for the eggs, but the store was out (the day before Easter, so of course!) except for gourmet (=expensive) jelly beans and so I went the yogurt covered raisin route instead. They were a hit! The young women loved them and my family didn't complain about eating the leftovers either.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Easter Cupcakes
These are the Easter cupcakes I made for my Mia Maids on Easter Sunday. It was a cute idea I found on the Family Fun website. I don't really have a recipe since I used a chocolate cake mix and canned vanilla frosting. Then you just mix some coconut with green food coloring for the grass and use pipe cleaners with bows to make the basket handles. Also, you're supposed to use jelly beans for the eggs, but the store was out (the day before Easter, so of course!) except for gourmet (=expensive) jelly beans and so I went the yogurt covered raisin route instead. They were a hit! The young women loved them and my family didn't complain about eating the leftovers either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Aims, you've been busy in the kitchen! Cute cute cupcakes, and I'm excited to try that chicken.
Post a Comment