Monday, April 20, 2009

Pretty Close to Sugar-Free Pie



This is a yummy light and fluffy whipped type of cheesecake. Steve's sister Kerilyn came up with this recipe because she wasn't too impressed with other similar recipes she had tried. This is diabetic friendly and so it's good to make when Steve's mom visits. I made it recently because I thought I had gestational diabetes and was trying to eat like I did to help keep my blood sugar under control. Turns out I don't have gestational diabetes, but really, this treat is good no matter what. It's a nice light ending to a meal--the kind of dessert that doesn't make you feel yucky afterwards.

SUGAR FREE (OR PRETTY CLOSE) PIE
(from Kerilyn Gibbs)

Ingredients:
1 key lime yogurt (whipped type is best), or any flavor
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (we use the 1/3 less fat kind)
1 small pkg. sugar free lime jello (or same flavor as yogurt you used)
1/4 cup hot water
8 oz. tub sugar free (or can use light) cool whip
1 graham cracker crust

Let cream cheese and cool whip soften awhile before you start. Then beat yogurt and cream cheese together until smooth. Dissolve jello in 1/4 cup hot water. Mix into cream cheese mixture with rubber spatula. Let set about 3 min. Fold cool whip in with rubber spatula until white cool whip has turned green. Scrape everything into graham cracker crust and refrigerate. Make sure and cover with the plastic cover or else it gets hard.

No comments: