Friday, September 18, 2009

Hubby's Favorite Casserole

This is one of those dishes that is simple and while nothing special, makes for a pretty tasty meal. My sister found this on a blog and I got it from her. We've made it a couple of times now and I think I'll continue to make it. It's a kid-friendly dish, although my kids haven't discovered that yet. Someday...
P.S. I kept the original title from the blog, so to clarify this isn't my husband's favorite casserole. But he likes it. Who knows? Maybe it is his favorite.

HUBBY'S FAVORITE CASSEROLE
recipe found here

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1-1/2 cups water
1 can tomato soup
2 cups uncooked egg noodles (or pasta of choice)
1 can corn, drained
1 cup cheddar cheese (just eyeball it)
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the beef with onion, drain. Mix in the tomato soup and water and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook 10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Mix in corn. Place half of mix in bottom of 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with half of cheese. Repeat. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 25 min. and then uncover and cook for 5 more minutes.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I bet this would freeze well!