I don't have a picture of this one because our camera memory was full when I made it. Oh well!
This pasta isn't quite so light and addictive as the Prosciutto Pasta Toss, but it is pretty good too. Bacon and avocado is really a combination that is as tasty as it is fattening! We don't make this too often, but it does make for a nice change from spaghetti!
Also, here is the recipe how it appears in the cookbook, but I don't always measure the ingredients, I just go by how it looks.
AVOCADO BACON PASTA
(from Jill Messick in our Bentonville First Ward Cookbook)
8 oz. bow tie pasta (I usually make 12 oz. because that's the size of a whole box)
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (sometimes I do a little more)
2 T. lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 t. salt
2-3 medium avocados, chopped
2/3 cup chopped fresh basil or equivalent of dried basil (I just sprinkle some dried basil on)
1 T. olive oil
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1 cup parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile in a large bowl combine avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper and salt. Add hot pasta and sprinkle with cheese. Toss to combine. Makes 4 servings.
We just put cheese on our individual servings (because of Autumn's dairy thing.)
1 comment:
This sounds so yummy! Way to go in using the ward cookbook. I had forgotten about it. Out of sight out of mind.
Post a Comment