Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day Cinnamon Rolls

For Valentine's Day this year I found this cute idea on a blog I love. You can find the original idea on the blog here: http://gourmetmomonthego.blogspot.com/2009/01/lovin-from-oven.html.

I made heart-shaped cinnamon rolls for my Mia Maids. I used the recipe on the blog, but I bet you could just use your favorite cinnamon roll recipe and shape them like this. To make them heart shaped, just roll the dough up from both sides instead of just one side and have them meet in the middle. Cut as usual and then pinch the bottom of each roll to make the point of the heart. After baking, frost with pink icing!

Here they are all shaped and getting ready to rise one more time:


After done baking:


And frosted:

My frosting job was a little bit of a hack job. I didn't have the time or energy to make it really cute, but you could if you tried a little harder than I did! I just used buttercream frosting this time because I didn't have room to store these guys in my fridge, but usually I prefer cream cheese frosting on my cinnamon rolls!

2 comments:

Jim and Sue said...

The heart shaped rolls are very clever. I noticed them on your other blog, too.

~ Roxanne said...

What a great idea!