Saturday, February 21, 2009

Favorite Easy Pancakes



I can't believe I haven't posted our go-to pancake recipe! We make these pancakes almost every Saturday. The kids just love them. Sometimes I have to mix it up by making different kinds of pancakes and waffles, but this is officially our favorite recipe because it is so easy, so fast, and very fluffy and tasty! It also makes enough for me to freeze some for the coming week or for Sunday morning (when we're in a rush to make it to church by 8 a.m.!)

EASY PANCAKES
(I think I got this off allrecipes.com a long time ago, but I'm not sure and I never wrote it down)
8 servings

2 cups flour (I use 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup baking powder (this must be what makes them so fluffy!)
2 t. salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or we use canola)

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Make a well in center and pour in rest. Mix until smooth.

P.S. I don't usually make pink heart-shaped pancakes. This picture is from our Valentine's Day breakfast.

UPDATE (4/18/12):
This recipe works GREAT in Arkansas, but not so great in Utah, with the higher elevation. Here is the adaptation I use now in Utah:

2 cups flour (1 white/1 wheat) (**I usually use all wheat flour now)
3 T. sugar
2 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil

Same directions as above. Let them sit a couple minutes after mixing so the baking powder kicks in and the mixture fluffs up a bit. Then cook!

No comments: