I don't have a picture of this one--I don't always remember to take a picture of the things I make. Sorry! If I remember next time I make it, then I'll add a picture later.
I like this simple recipe for salmon because it's just light and fresh and easy. I've been trying to make fish more often just to be a little healthier. I wouldn't say we're fish lovers, but we do like some of the milder fishes out there--and salmon is a favorite of ours. I love how I feel after eating a meal like this--it just doesn't sit heavy in your stomach like some other dishes.
Steve and I both like this recipe. I actually didn't give any to the kids. I try to make a point of always offering them a little of everything, even if I know they won't eat it, but I KNEW they wouldn't touch the fish and I really didn't want to share it. So maybe next time, kids. They were content eating just the rice that went with the fish.
BAKED SALMON II
(from allrecipes.com, submitted by "Ladyblade")
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 T. light olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 t. dried basil
1 t. salt
1 t. ground black pepper
1 T. lemon juice (I prefer from a fresh lemon rather than bottled)
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
2 (6 oz) salmon fillets or equivalent
1. In medium bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon in a medium glass baking dish and cover with the marinade. Marinate in refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade and seal. Place sealed salmon in glass baking dish and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork. (For us it cooked for 35 minutes and then I opened up the foil and cooked it 5 minutes more.)
*If using more fish, then you might want to up the temp to 400 degrees to cook in the same amount of time.
I served this with rice cooked in chicken stock and salad.
One thing I might change is not to pour the whole marinade on the fish when baking it--there seemed to be a lot of leftover olive oil floating around. So maybe I'll try that next time.
1 comment:
Aimee, this is Aunt Susan. I got my blog up and running and you can link to it through Emily and Adam or Sam and Nate. We tried your salmon recipe tonight and we gave it two rousing thumbs up. I didn't have time to marinate and it still turned out delicious.
Post a Comment