Sorry, no picture for this one either. Oh well, it's not the prettiest of foods anyway.
We made Zucchini Chicken Bake last night for dinner and it has become a favorite of Steve's. I like it a lot too although Jackson won't try it and Autumn can't eat it because of the dairy thing. It takes a little while to make and so I don't usually make this very often. It is good though!
For the chicken in this recipe I use chicken that I've already cooked and frozen in about 2 cup increments. I usually buy a big thing of chicken breasts at Walmart or Sam's Club and cook them all in the crockpot and then I just shred them up and freeze them and use them in my cooking. It saves time (and money since you buy the chicken in bulk) and then I don't have to touch the yucky raw chicken as much. : )
Zucchini Chicken Bake
(from the Favorite Recipes for Quilters cookbook)
Makes 6 servings.
4 ozs. uncooked spaghetti
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/2 c. milk
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 c. cubed cooked chicken (I just use the frozen shredded chicken)
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1. Break spaghetti in half and cook according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan cook bacon, onion and garlic until bacon is crisp. Drain excess fat. Add soup and blend well. Add zucchini and milk and cook on medium heat until zucchini is tender. Stir in mozzarella cheese.
3. Combine zucchini mixture, spaghetti and chicken in 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
There's got to be a way to cut down on the preparation time in this recipe, but I haven't taken the time to mess with it at all yet. Let me know if you have any ideas. It is yummy though, so enjoy!
1 comment:
Aimee, it's almost like you're fixing my dinner every night when we try your delicious recipes. We tried this one tonight and it was a hit. We took the leftovers to Grandma and Grandpa K. I bet they'll love it, too.
Post a Comment