Sunday, August 24, 2008

Buttermilk Pancakes





Saturday morning tradition: PANCAKES!
It's a fun one to keep up and the kids love it of course! We have our usual pancake recipe which we love, but occasionally we do something different. Yesterday we decided to make buttermilk pancakes since we had some buttermilk to use up.
These were really yummy and I think we'll keep making them every once in awhile.

BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
(found on allrecipes.com and adjusted to fit our family's size)

2 c. flour
2 T. white sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. milk
2 eggs
3 T. butter, melted

In one bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Mix all the wet ingredients in a second bowl. Combine the two bowls right before cooking--stir just until blended. (Ours had some little lumps in them but I didn't try to get them out since I didn't want to overmix and they turned out just fine.)

1 comment:

CLAMES said...

I use this recipe too. I LOVE it!! After discovering this, I only use the store bought mix if I am desperate.