Is it weird to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in August? Maybe, but I think pumpkin tastes good anytime and when you have some sitting in your pantry...why not?
We like these cookies--they're nice and cakey and moist and probably pretty typical of a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. Yum!
I doubled the original recipe to use a can of pumpkin and made a couple of small changes, so here's my version. Oh, and my version makes A LOT of cookies.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(adapted from Favorite Recipes from Quilters)
1 can pumpkin
2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. applesauce
2 eggs, beaten
4 c. flour
4 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
2 t. milk
2 c. chocolate chips
2 t. vanilla
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, applesauce and eggs.
2. In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
3. Dissolve baking soda in milk and stir into batter. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix well.
4. Drop by teaspoonsful onto lightly greased cooking sheets.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (10 in my oven)
5 comments:
i love the food blog, great idea! these cookies were so good! i'm glad to have the recipe now! thanks!
What size can of pumpkin?
It is the smaller can of pumpkin--I think it is around 15 oz.
Thanks! I am not a pumpkin lover but one of my goals is to expand my healthly food options. Last year it was cantalope which I eat with plain yogurt over or through a couple pieces in a smoothie.
This year I will try to include some pumpkin recipes and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies would be a good start.
I came back to print out this recipe! I can not believe how many recipes you have printed since. I have missed a lot of them. More for me to catch up on.
Post a Comment