Friday, August 22, 2008

Sloppy Bean Joes




Ahh, one of Steve's favorites. I think I prefer other sloppy joe recipes to this, but as long as Steve likes this one so much, I'll keep making it. I can't remember where the recipe came from--somewhere on the internet I think. The kids do not like these though--the flavors are too strong for them I think--so they end up eating hamburger buns for most of their dinner. Anyway, it's a quick and easy weeknight meal!

By the way, I'm not the best food photographer out there, so none of my pictures are going to be all that fancy schmancy. Sloppy Joes aren't exactly the most photogenic of foods either.

SLOPPY BEAN JOES
8 servings

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
1/2-3/4 c. chopped onion (I love onions, so I tend to go heavy on them)
16 oz. can Pork and Beans, undrained
12 oz. bottled chili sauce
hamburger buns, spilt and toasted

Brown ground beef with green pepper and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients except buns. Simmer 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on toasted buns. (We usually eat them as open-faced sloppy joes, since they're so, well, sloppy.)

No comments: