(sorry for the blurry picture)
Yummy! I really liked this treat--it was so quick and easy to mix together and tasted really good. This was our mid-morning snack today and would be great as part of a brunch. I bet it would make awesome mini muffins. I tend to think of it as more of a girly food--there's just something about that light lemony flavor that doesn't scream masculinity. In fact, Steve hasn't even tried a piece yet, so it's definitely not speaking to him. Both of my kids loved this though and I really liked it too. Not a healthy one, but oh well.
Lemon Yogurt Bread
(from the Cooking for 2 Spring 2007 magazine)
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 egg
1 c. lemon yogurt
1/3 c. canola oil
1 T. lemon juice (I used fresh lemon juice)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour into an 8x4x2 loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices)
No comments:
Post a Comment