Well, I have mixed feelings about this one. I ate one after I made them and I felt yucky just because they seemed so rich to me (but I don't like popcorn balls in general). Jackson ate one and liked it and later Steve tried one and said they were o.k. So maybe it was just me and it's a fun one for kids. These are basically rice crispy treats, but with popcorn, but I definitely like rice crispy treats better. I only made these so that Jackson and I would have something to do together during Autumn's nap time. He liked helping pop the popcorn (we have an air popper). So I'm posting it. If nothing else, it's fast and easy and a good distraction activity.
MARSHMALLOW POPCORN BALLS
(adapted from Allrecipes Dinner Tonight--so it's probably on allrecipes.com too)
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
6 T. butter (see what I mean, so rich!)
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Pop popcorn. Set aside in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix with a spoon to coat evenly.
3. Let mixture cool slightly. Smear butter on your hands or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Mix popcorn with your hands so that it's evenly coated. Form popcorn mixture into 8 balls.
Yield: 8 servings
No comments:
Post a Comment