I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it is one of our favorite taco recipes. It is soooo easy and tastes really good. It makes a ton of taco meat, so we usually like to invite friends over for dinner whenever we're making it. Also, we usually have lots of leftovers for lunches the week after making it, so I try to not make it too often so we don't overdose and get sick of it.
Our kids don't eat things like shredded beef yet, so we haven't tried this one on them, but hopefully it won't be too much longer until I hear, "Mom can we have shredded beef tacos for dinner tonight?" (haha, yeah, right!) We really like this one though--I think it's earned its place in our "favorites" category.
Also, I have forgotten to do step 2 in the recipe before. I did today, in fact, since we were late for 8 am church and I just forgot. But the recipe tastes good anyway--I just add some taco seasoning at the end. But if you are more on top of things than I am, then keep step 2 of the recipe--I'm sure it does make a difference in the end (although we haven't really noticed either way).
SLOW-COOKED SHREDDED BEEF TACOS
-6 servings (but I think it makes a lot more)
Ingedients:
2 lbs. beef chuck roast (I usually can only find roasts as small as 2 1/2 lbs, which is fine--no need to adjust any of the recipe, keep the same amounts of the sauce and everything)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup water or so
1 pkg. (1.25-oz) taco seasoning mix
1 (16-oz.) jar taco sauce (medium hotness is good)
1 (4-oz) can diced green chilis
1 (12-count) pkg. taco shells
Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
1. Place beef and onion in slow cooker.
2. Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl. Pour over beef and onion.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
4. Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place beef in large bowl. Stir in taco sauce and chilis.
5. Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment