Another one I forgot to take a picture for, sorry!
We thought this chili was pretty good. One I'm sure we'll make again for a pretty easy and tasty weeknight meal. The kids mostly liked it. I'm pretty sure Jackson liked it but he fell asleep before I could really tell and Autumn kinda liked it, but liked the cornbread more. Steve and I liked it, but I know there's a chicken chili recipe somewhere in my stash that we like more. Anyway, this was a good one overall. Also the Johansons and their kids gave this meal two thumbs up. Mary and I are trying to start a once-a-week joint cooking thing. She's trying to get started cooking homemade dinners again and I just love some company while doing something I do every day, so this was attempt #1 and it was fun! It was pretty easy to throw together with both of us, we could talk and the kids could play. A win-win situation if you ask me!
Changes: We doubled the recipe so it could feed the Johansons and ourselves. Also, I tried out the white kidney beans rather than those other white beans (northern beans I think they're called) and we liked them.
Tip: Since you don't add the chicken until the end, it's pretty easy to cut up and cook the chicken while the rest of the chili is simmering.
White Bean Chili
(from my sister-in-law Sherlyn)
Servings: 4
Ingredients:
2-3 boned and skinned chicken breasts, cubed & cooked
1 cup water
1 t. chicken bouillon
1 can chopped green chilis (4 oz)
1/4 cup onions
1 t. garlic powder or clove of garlic
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. chili powder
2 cans white beans (we tried white kidney beans and liked them)
Monterey Jack cheese, grated
In a large sauce pan bring water to a boil and then stir in bouillon. Add next 6 ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add chicken and heat for 5 minutes. Garnish with cheese. Great with corn bread. (We also ate tortilla chips with it.)
Served with cornbread muffins (Jiffy's mix).
No comments:
Post a Comment