Friday, September 19, 2008

Parmesan Chicken





I really like this mixture as a coating for chicken. The chicken is nice and moist and flavorful too. I used it with drumsticks this time, but I think I've used it as a coating for boneless skinless chicken as well and it tastes just as good. We usually half (at least) this recipe for us and the kids won't eat it. Oh well.

PARMESAN CHICKEN
(I think from allrecipes.com under "Parmesan Chicken II," but I've made changes)
Yields: 6 servings

Ingredients:
12 chicken drumsticks (or equivalent)
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 t. chicken seasoned salt
1 t. paprika
1 t. parsley flakes
1 t. garlic powder

In a shallow bowl, mix together spices and cheese. In a separate bowl, beat egg until lemon colored. Dip chicken in egg, coating well. Roll in cheese mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until brown (this was less than 45 min. for us this time, but it will depend on the kind of chicken you use).

Served with: corn and leftover mashed potatoes from schnitzel night

1 comment:

~ Roxanne said...

This sounds like something to try! I prefer drumsticks and thights {dark meat}and the family would welcome a new way to serve it.