Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tex-Mex Dip

This dip is really pretty, but I made it for a friend's party and I forgot to take a picture of it. Sorry! It's a lot like the typical 7 layer dip, but possibly even better. Everyone always really likes it!

TEX-MEX DIP
(from the Taste of Home 2007 Halloween Party Favorites Magazine)

2 cans (9 oz each) bean dip
3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese (I use a little less I think)
1 cup sliced ripe olives (I just use one little can)
4 green onions, sliced
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped

Spread bean dip onto a 12-in. serving plate. In a bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over bean dip. Combine sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, onions and tomato.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Yield: About 9 cups dip.

Great for parties! I took it to a party recently and when I left it was completely gone!

No comments: