Friday, September 19, 2008

Sunday Meal



Ahh, it doesn't get much better than Sunday Meal. I call it Sunday Meal because we ate this meal most Sundays after church growing up. My dad started to request other things, but us kids were adament that we keep the Sunday Meal tradition alive! And now I make it for my family. Not every Sunday, but probably once a month or so. The kids will eat it, so that's a definite plus. Yum, I just love it.

SUNDAY MEAL (or Roast with Potatoes and Carrots)

Ingredients:

1 roast (we use about 2 lbs.), either beef or pork
2-3 potatoes per person
2-3 carrots per person
1 onion, sliced
canola oil
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Cornstarch

Peel carrots and potatoes and cut up and place in bottom of crockpot. Brown roast with onion in a little oil on both sides. Put roast and onion (but not oil) on top of veggies in crockpot. Sprinkle all genrously with Lawry's Seasoning Salt. Cover potatoes and carrots in water (roast does not need water over it). Cook on low for about 8 hours or so.

For gravy: When done, drain most of the juices into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in some water to thicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook to thicken.

Easy and oh so delicious. Perfect for Sundays!

1 comment:

Britt O. said...

yummmmm I am always craving sunday meal! But I always go overboard when I make it for Sam and I. I end up peeling almost a whole bag of potatoes and our crockpot is overflowing and then we eat for many days afterwards... but you can never go wrong with sunday meal, that's for sure.