Well I was hoping that this meal would be better than it really was. I was trying to make salmon patties more appealing to the kids by making them into little ball shapes and then I baked them rather than pan-fried them. Still no luck. They were just not interested. And the salmon balls (or "fish balls" as we called them) were just ok. I'll probably stick to our old salmon patty recipe and maybe try again with the ball idea.
However, the night wasn't a total loss since we had potato pancakes! Yum! I don't make these very often at all, but I do like to eat them and these were really good! But the kids didn't even want to try these either. Oh well! I guess potato pancakes are traditionally served with applesauce or sour cream on top and I could tell that applesauce would totally go with it, but I stuck to a favorite of mine: that potato-ketchup combo.
I was actually planning on making a healthier version of potato pancakes that has shredded zucchini in it too, but when I got to Wal-mart the zucchinis looked old and shriveled up and just gross and so I couldn't bring myself to get any. So normal potato pancakes it was.
POTATO PANCAKES
(as found here --I used this article as a reference and used the recipe that is linked to on this article)
Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup grated onion
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Click the link above for some tips on making these. I used a food processor to shred the potatoes and onion. Then I squeezed all of the liquid I could out of the potatoes and mixed them with all of the rest of the ingredients (except for oil). Then I dropped generous spoonfuls into hot oil and flattened into pancakes and cooked a few minutes on each side until brown and crispy. Very good, but not so good for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment