Now, I'm not a big tuna fan, but tuna casserole is a definite exception to that rule. This has got to be one of the classic comfort foods. I think I'm just so excited that the weather is finally starting to cool off and I can turn on the oven again and so I'm making all our favorite winter dishes already. Well this is our favorite tuna casserole. By "our" I mean Steve and myself, of course, the kids don't really like it. I didn't make them eat it last night since they've been having tummy issues the last couple days and we're trying to stick with bland foods for now. So that means more casserole for me! Yum!
TUNA CASSEROLE
(from Favorite Recipes from Quilters)
4-6 servings
Ingredients:
4 T. margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
6-1/2 oz. can tuna, undrained
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
10-3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. egg noodles
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. In large skilled sauté onion and celery with 2 T. margarine. Add flaked tuna with liquid, milk, mayo and cream of mushroom soup and heat through.
2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
3. Mix noodles with everything else and pour into a well-greased 2-quart baking dish.
4. Melt remaining 2 T. margarine. Toss bread crumbs in margarine and arrange over other ingredients.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Served with: side salad
1 comment:
once again I just thought I would let you know I planned my menu this week based off of your blog! You are a lifesaver! And yummmmmmmmy!
Post a Comment